As an accountant, you will work as part of a dynamic and passionate team to conduct financial planning, forecasting, strategic analysis and reporting.
Accountable to report accurate, timely financial information to the General Manager and Owner for daily business decisions.
By working closely with the owner, general manager, and service manager, you will help grow the business.
- Build and maintain detailed financial reports to support short and long-term strategic planning.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators.
- Regularly present analysis and reports in an easy-to-understand format.
- Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive pressures/opportunities.
- HR, AR/AP, payroll, cash management and all related accounting procedures.
- Manage accountants to establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback.
- Provide accurate, on-time income statements to owner and general manager.
- Coordinate with external agencies for tax planning, preparation and reporting.
- Ensure that state and federal income tax reporting is accurate and current.
- Shape company culture by carrying out agreed upon values, specfically ethics and integrity
- Record accounts receivable entries.
- Reconcile cash
- Write checks
- Record general ledger entries
- Reconcile bank statements
- Record credits/debits in accounting records
- Process vendor invoices
- Authorize purchase orders
- Supervise billing clerk
Requirements and Experience
- 4 year degree in accounting or financial management
- 5 years experience in small business accounting
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- Able to pass a drug screening test
- Experience in service industry a plus