With over 2,000 employees located in 30 locations across 20 states, InfraSource provides a comprehensive scope of construction and professional services to the natural gas and electric industry. Utilities and Pipeline Operators throughout North America choose InfraSource for its extensive knowledge, expansive resources, and unmatched scope of services. With legacy companies dating back to 1954, InfraSource has built its reputation as an industry leader for solutions and a premier provider of infrastructure services with a solid track record of performance, integrity, and - above all - a commitment to safety and quality.
This position is responsible for assisting in the completion of accounting and financial reporting to support the Finance & Accounting Department to ensure that on-going reporting requirements are met with a high standard of excellence. The person in this position will report to the Finance & Accounting Manager.
- Supervise a team of 1-3 accounting personnel
- Preparation of various journal entries
- Prepare/review monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Act as liaison for bank account updates
- Manage monthly intercompany reconciliations
- Responsible for Fixed Asset reporting
- Review / approve various types of setups: new jobs, new customers, new vendors, etc.
- Prepare various weekly / monthly financial reports (related to forecasted / actual revenue, cost, and other financial performance metrics)
- Upload and balancing of monthly forecasts
- Assist the VP of Finance and Finance & Accounting Manager to drive the accounting close process (monthly, quarterly, and year-end)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 4+ years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel – the ability to work with pivot tables, formulas such as VLOOKUP, SUMIF, etc.
- Experience with Prophix (or other budgeting/performance management software) a plus
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Construction industry experience a plus
- Must have the ability to research and analyze various financial data and have a solid understanding of accounting principles
- Effective, oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and be computer literate.
- Organized, detail oriented with reconciliation skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and prioritize duties