Paving the Road to Success!
Aggregate Quality Control Technician - Kasson Sand and Gravel (Seasonal) – Maple City, MI
Join Rieth-Riley and help our team Pave the Road to Success! Rieth-Riley is a team of motivated, highly qualified individuals who are committed to the success of each and every project. The employee-owners at Rieth-Riley proudly remain dedicated to moving forward. It's the way we think, the way we act — the way we approach every bridge, and all
Test and manage the quality of all aggregate products being produced to ensure proper specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Obtain samples and perform tests, calculations and inspections of aggregates on site.
- Prepare reports, QC summaries, and maintain accurate statistical records according to established procedures.
- Oversee the operation, maintenance, and control of test equipment to ensure accuracy and precision
- Assists in the operation, maintenance, and control of work area, equipment, and supplies, in compliance with appropriate safety regulations and policies
- Obtaining an MDOT Certified Aggregate Technician Certificate will be required within the first 12 months.
- High School Diploma and or GED required
- One (1) to two (2) years of aggregate quality control/inspector experience preferred
- MDOT Certified Aggregate Technician Certificate preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Must be able to work outdoors in all seasons
- Must be willing to work longer hours as needed
- Must be able to lift samples up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, and platforms up to 40 feet in elevation
- Ability to learn varies forms of aggregate tests and perform them in a timely manner as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran