The Senior C++ Software Engineer will be responsible for the designing, coding, testing, and debugging of software solutions for various products and customers. The incumbent will be the primary contact for the C++ team and will need a strong background working with databases (Oracle or SQL).
- Design, code, test, and debug web, desktop and/or database software solutions for customers on various test systems.
- Research, select, and implement various third party components to allow integration into existing customer software platforms.
- Effective member of a Scrum team and ability to follow Scrum process.
- Ability to communicate and present changes/demos to customer.
- Document customer feedback and communicate with Product Owner.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Stays up to date in skills by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Unit Test software to ensure it meets design and customer requirements.
- Provide proper documentation to support the software change (i.e. function specs, user guides, manual, release notes, implementation notes, etc.).
- Capable of working with or acting as a Technical Lead to contribute to designing new functionality (as needed).
- Ability to work independently and take ownership and accountability for software implemented.
- Ability to follow proper Build Submittal procedures.
- Within the position’s scope, contribute to completion of departmental objectives (technical, financial, quality).
- Maintain awareness of, and meet, the requirements of Company Quality System.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Strong software engineering experience.
- Strong in C, C++ and Object Oriented Methodologies and Concepts.
- Experience in developing web applications.
- Strong in database management system (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Interbase).
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Mastery in software engineering tools.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes.
- Independent problem solving ability, must be able to perform basic job duties with minimum supervision.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent coding and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Ability to focus on multiple projects.
- Ability to travel, approximately 10%.