•Do you thrive on physical work and not mind getting grubby in the process?
•Are you a hands-on person with great problem-solving skills?
•Do you have the discipline to adhere to specific production processes, but can’t help thinking about how to do something better?
Rovin Ceramics—a Motawi Enterprises company and an affiliate of Motawi Tileworks, is a supplier of moist clay, prepared glazes, raw materials and pottery supplies to artists, potters, schools and clay studios. We are looking for a general laborer to produce our clay who is responsible and can work independently, but still contribute to our collaborative environment. The right person for this job thrives on physical work in a friendly factory-like setting. The job includes a lot of standing, bending, and lifting of 50 lb bags of material. Accuracy and a craving for organization are crucial to success in this full-time position.
Compensation is negotiable. We offer approximately $5,000 in benefits, with the satisfaction of working with great people in a creative organization. Some of the tasks performed by our Clay Production team:
• Precisely weigh raw materials to make glazes and clays according to our own recipes
• Operate industrial mixing machines and pugmills to mix, extrude and package clay
• Organize the warehouse and perform weekly warehouse cleaning tasks
• Load and unload truckloads of palletized raw materials and finished goods using a forklift
• Load finished goods into customer vehicles or deliver finished goods in the company truck.
• Infectious positivity and a flexible attitude
• Ability to make precise measurements when weighing out materials
• Physical strength and stamina to lift 50 lb repeatedly throughout the workday
• Clean driving record
• Ability to work as part of a team to achieve assigned production targets
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to effectively interact with both internal and external customers.
• Machine maintenance or light construction experienc
• Problem-solving skills and troubleshooting experience.