At Aspen Grove Landscape Group, we have redefined what it means to be a national landscape organization. We’ve brought together the best commercial landscape providers from around the country to form a unique organization with a different perspective. Instead of a one-size-fits-all approach, with Aspen Grove, you get local specialists that concentrate on the specific needs of your particular environment. Combined with the support and resources of a large, national organization, Aspen Grove gives a whole new look to landscape management.
Aspen Grove provides world-class commercial landscape maintenance and snow removal services to local, regional, and national customers. Our local teams maintain their individuality, grow their businesses, and focus on providing safe, professional landscape services to their clients. With Aspen Grove you get the support and resources of a national organization with the personal touch and regional expertise of a local company. This ensures that no matter which Aspen Grove company you work with, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that the job will get done right every time.
At United Lawnscape, an Aspen Grove Company, we take pride in the work we do and our team of employees. It is our goal with each and every landscape project to exceed expectations and enhance the appearance of all the neighborhoods we touch in Macomb County and throughout Southeast Michigan by incorporating unique design and sustainable landscapes. United Lawnscape sets the standard in the green industry. Our commitment and passion for the outdoor environments of the American landscape generate our drive to provide the highest level of craftsmanship with honesty and integrity. The United Lawnscape team is vigilant in our goals of harnessing imagination, creativity, and value by delivering those qualities to our customers with high regards toward quality and safety. It is imperative for us to be a national leader in the development and maintenance of the communities in which we live.
United Lawnscape is currently looking to fill the position of Client Manager in our Washington, MI Branch.
Position Title: Client Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Client Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining successful relationships with clients that support the goals for renewal, retention, growth and profitability. Client Managers work in tandem with production staff to ensure that jobs are delivered safely, efficiently and in accordance with the company’s standard for quality. Client Managers evaluate the performance of Service Level Agreements, quality levels and financials within their accounts. They will own the client relationship and will serve as the primary point of contact for assigned clients. This position will report directly to the Branch Manager.
- Maintains relationship and direct communication with all levels of client organizations to ensure high quality and service expectations are met.
- Assists in developing and implementing account-specific vision, strategies, and creative solutions. Monitors and manages account profitability and drives retention and growth of contract business.
- Acts as primary escalation responsibility for client concerns by proactively assisting in resolving issues with customer service when needed.
- Conducts regular business reviews with clients to assess expectations (to be documented) as well as each maintenance team’s performance to incorporate goals pertaining to quality, maintenance functions, and personnel development.
- Identifies, estimates and presents opportunities for new business and enhancements.
- Monitor the implementation of approved work orders (Irrigation, Mulch, Turf Care and Seasonal Color).
- Works in tandem with business development staff to achieve branch sales goals through referrals and generates sales opportunities within Client portfolios.
- Effectively manages and completes the client transition from the Sales Team to the Operations Team.
- Ensures familiarity with each job’s specifications that each account has a solid communication plan in place and that it is administered successfully. Communicates with production staff daily on schedules for work on all jobs and assists in prioritizing work.
- Provides client feedback to the Operations Team in a manner that allows the Operations Team to effectively facilitate change / corrective action.
- Partners with Project Management in organizing and implementing Client requests and operational procedures on property sites, and schedules regular meetings with Supervisors & Team members to communicate plans and ensure proper and timely billing.
- Snow Program Participation (generally Nov. 1 – Apr. 1 for applicable Areas): Must be available on an as-needed basis (day or night) to assist with customer sales and complaints, manage subcontractors, provide constant communication with operations, and participate in snow events when applicable.
- Will deliver on the following KPI’s:
- Portfolio retention 90% or greater.
- Management capacity of $1.5M or better.
- Communication plans are actively worked and shared with production team.
- Positive scores on client surveys.
- Enhancement revenue at a minimum of 30% of portfolio.
- Consistent source of lead generation and referral business to sales team.
- Positive teamwork with production staff.
- Enhancement and Contract sales meet or exceed individual goals set by client manager and branch manager.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field preferred
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in operations, customer service, customer relations, or related field.
Skills & Abilities Qualifications:
- Must be able to travel to and from Company office and client locations, with the ability to attend after hours events when necessary (board meetings, networking events).
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent accountability as this position has authority to initiate actions and make decisions within established precedents and practices with regular managerial direction and review.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent judgment as the incumbent’s decisions directly impact operating costs and indirectly influence client retention and future contract awards.
- Must be familiar with all operational concepts, practices, and procedures with the ability to identify and sell landscape enhancements
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the ability to negotiate
- Must possess and demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills, with competency in business writing.
- Must be able to maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Must represent Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Highly organized with great follow up abilities.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license with adequate driving record.
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Rarely: Crawling, climbing on/off truck, climbing poles, gripping, color vision, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, balancing, lifting up to 50lbs.
Occasionally: Kneeling, squatting, sense of touch, manual dexterity, reaching, range of motion, lifting, carrying, lifting over 10lbs to 50lbs.
Frequently: Standing, walking, stooping, climbing stairs.
Continuously: Sitting, body twisting, speaking clearly, seeing distant, seeing, reading, hearing – speech range, depth perception, lifting up to 10lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets