Advanced Industrial Services is a construction contracting subsidiary of the Irex Contracting Group specializing in commercial and industrial insulation and coatings.
Advanced Industrial Services is currently searching for a Construction Sales Representative to join our team in our Midland, Michigan location.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flex Benefit Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Vacation/Paid Time Off
- Company Cell Phone and Laptop
Construction Sales Representative
The Construction Sales Representative will develop customer relationships, book orders and collect receivables to achieve assigned sales and margin budgets.
In addition to fulfilling the regular responsibilities of a Construction Sales Representative position, the successful candidate will be willing to learn the paintings and coatings industry and will be expected to obtain his/her SSPCC1 certification within 12 months in the position. The position includes estimating responsibilities as well as customer relationship development, including visits and entertaining (i.e. lunches, ballgames, etc.). The market is heavily industrial, with most customers being mechanical contractors or owners, but some commercial experience is a plus. Industries served include the petrochemical market including refineries, some power utilities and some involvement with the natural gas industry.
- Develop and maintain assigned customer relationships by providing excellent customer service through regular contact, prompt, quality responses, professionalism and entertainment
- Seek out and identify bid and sales opportunities with assigned customers
- Solicit bid packages including procuring drawings and specifications
- Develop bid strategies on a project-by-project basis.
- Follow-up and know the outcome of all jobs that are bid to assigned customers
- Attend pre-job and pre-award conferences as may be necessary and/or desirable
- Attend pre-bid meetings in order to familiarize yourself with the job site conditions as necessary
- Review and evaluate project specifications to determine proper materials, applications and scope of work
- Perform quantity takeoffs for projects bid to assigned customers or as assigned
- Initiate appropriate correspondence with the customer in order to clarify vague or ambiguous statements or specifications, prior to finalizing the takeoff
- Summarize takeoff and note job conditions that may affect labor productivity
- Solicit material and subcontract pricing from vendors to incorporate into the bid
- Insure that material, labor, taxes and insurance information is kept current
- Prepare and submit proposals on projects for your assigned customers
- Be the main point of contact for all bid correspondence
- Inspect & review projects to monitor compliance with building & safety codes, and other regulations
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, and suppliers
- High school diploma required
- Commercial or Industrial Insulation experience a plus
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have a positive and enthusiastic personality with a strong work ethic
- Must be detail oriented and technically accurate in all duties
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines is essential
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.