For over 50 years, E & E has been a leading supplier in the automotive industry specializing in metal stampings and welded assemblies. Our growth and success is a result of the dedication and commitment of our company.
Provide the necessary Electrical Controls Engineering skills and leadership to the Engineering and Operations departments to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity, and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Also, additional job duties may be assigned.
• Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
• Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
• Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
• Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
• Maintain PLC based control systems for manufacturing automation and instrumentation.
• Program PLC ladder logic.
• Lead projects and assist in skilled trades in electrical disciplines.
• Support operations in electrical/controls troubleshooting and continuous improvement activities.
• Generate writing schematics and control drawings with AutoCAD, maintain plant electrical prints.
• Work closely with engineering team to define system control needs.
• Select industrial control components, assist with MRO crib.
• Assist corporate controls in engineering changes and new programs.
• Guides design, develops and tests electrical control methods, materials, processes and results.
• Champion assigned engineering changes communicate and coordinate accordingly to all departments.
• Train, coach, and mentor the electrical controls process for controls engineers, manufacturing and skilled trades colleagues.
• Responsible for adhering to all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
• Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify individual usage of personal protective equipment (PPE) by the work team.
• Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
Employees are expected to follow all standards listed below:
• Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
• Organize and maintain efficiency of personal work area.
• Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management.
• Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
• Consistently adhere to and support company policies and procedures, including ISO14001, IATF16949, and safety regulations.
• Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner.
• Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
• Actively support the E&E values.
Work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees also may be subject to certain environments such as working near loud moving mechanical parts. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following environments include:
• Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
• Extreme cold (non-weather)
• Extreme heat (non-weather)
• Risk of electrical shock
The noise level in the working environment will be heavy with high traffic. Ear protection will be required.
The physical demands describes below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following physical demands include:
• Climb or balance
• Weight up to 50 Pounds
Special Vision Requirements
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
• Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
• Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
• Depth perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
• Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
To effectively carry out duties and responsibilities in the job position the following education, experience, or certifications are preferred:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required.
• Minimum eight (8) or more years of related technical, hands on experience.
Additional Skills Required:
To effectively carry out duties and responsibilities in the job position the following skills are required:
• Experience with basic computer systems.
• Computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ladder Logic, AutoCAD knowledge
• Speak effectively with fellow employees.
• Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Knowledge of NEC and general machine safety, electrical safety and machine guarding components; high level of safety awareness (RIA and OSHA).
• Knowledge of ANSI standards for presses and assembly machines.
• Knowledge of factory information system.
• Optical/Inductive/Capacitive sensors.
• Motors and drive systems.
• Contactors, starters, relays, switches.
• Power supplies and transformers.
• Electrical enclosures and wiring devices.
• Detail oriented.
• Organized and able to meet deadlines while performing multiple duties.
E & E offers a competitive wage, solid opportunity, and a career path to success. We offer comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401 (k) program, and free membership to local gym.