Job Summary Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs heavy trucks and associated equipment. Ideal candidate will have experience working on heavy trucks, heavy equipment, or farm equipment, to include electronic diagnostics and hydraulics. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Works under limited supervision and follows established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior technicians in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
A. Education and Experience Required: Two years previous experience. B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Required: Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving record.
- Required: Must be able to obtain a Class B CDL, or if you already have a Class A or B CDL, must be able to pass a DOT physical.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required None required. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.