Conway MacKenzie, Inc. is a premier consulting and financial advisory firm with expertise in financial and operational restructurings, valuation and opinion services, transaction services, investment banking, case management, litigation support and fiduciary services. Our professionals work closely with management teams, business owners, creditors, equity investors and counsel to develop solutions and negotiate restructuring alternatives, helping clients overcome complex business challenges and achieve their strategic and financial goals.
The Director is the "point person" closest to the details of the engagement. More experienced Directors may deliver the recovery plan, findings or testimony. They may also lead execution of the recovery or implementation plan.
- Independently perform, oversee conducting of financial analysis on companies, communicate findings and recommendations to senior Conway MacKenzie employees, client management, board of directors, lenders, etc.
- Determine staffing requirements and appropriate leverage of engagement activities
- Develop engagement strategy with assistance
- Oversee Senior Associates in conducting financial analysis
- Provide appropriate level of supervision to and ensure accessibility for questions and follow-up from individuals assigned to support engagements
- Clearly communicate expectations regarding the role of each team member, instill commitment to high quality, responsive client service and give verbal feedback to team members during the course of the engagement
- Provide timely review and critique of analyses prepared by Associates
- Monitor progress of engagement team/keep team members informed of status
- Define client deliverables with input
- Identify and prioritize issues, and develop recommendations or action plans for addressing these issues
- On larger cases, identify client financial and/or operational issues and recommendations for negotiation with stakeholders
- On smaller cases, develop the client’s strategic alternatives and draft a client recovery plan for critique by the Managing Director
- Directors are expected to gain experience in bankruptcy, liquidation and the sale process and be knowledgeable in order to lead engagements
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly proficient in analysis of financial statements and preparation of collateral analysis, liquidation analysis, cash management, and basic costing models
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel including the use of conditional formatting, lookup formulas, pivot tables, protecting files, creating scenario analysis, what-if analysis, modifying options and applying data validation to worksheets
- Ability to interface with clients, colleagues and staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and client personnel
- Ability to travel
- Master’s in Management, Business Administration, Finance + 1 year experience as Associate, Financial Analyst, or related finance position.
- Must have experience or education in direct cash flow forecast that integrates with income statement and balance sheet, running sensitivity analysis, advanced financial analysis and account reconciliation
- Must have experience in automating processes, improving controls, valuation analysis of distressed companies using EBITDA multiples and discounted cash flow
- Must have experience or education in distressed companies financial analysis/recommendation, bankruptcy/reorganization, strategy consulting for growth and strategy analysis
- CPA certification
- Certifications such as CTP, CIRA preferred
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Disability
- PTO and Holidays
It is Conway MacKenzie's policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, family medical history or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conway MacKenzie, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the firm has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.