Do you love solving puzzles and figuring out solutions to complex situations? Are you able to provide amazing customer service, and stay cool, calm, and collected during high-stress situations? If so, then dispatching is the job for you!
As a Dispatcher for Thornton and Grooms, your main goal is to maximize opportunities by getting the right technician to the right appointment. You will prepare and manage the daily schedule while managing labor costs and providing excellent customer service. You will do this by prioritizing appointments based on a variety of factors while staying in constant communication with the team and customers.
This is a full-time hourly position, Monday-Friday, hours may vary. The team rotates Saturdays and in this position you need to be available for 2 Saturdays a month.
Primary Job Duties:
- Keep track of multiple employees and time lines, dispatch the field staff to their appointments, keeping them informed of any special instructions or parts needed
- Must be able to react quickly, re-evaluate, review and analyze the dispatch "board" and labor through out the day.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with other departments to review call flow efficiency, ensure awareness of priority statuses, rescheduling issues, and anything else deemed necessary.
- Responsible for booking return appointments, and new appointments; catching any call overflow through out the day
- Proactively update our customers before and during their time frames
- Confirm all appointments the day before
- Manage, track and report performance, revenue, and labor numbers
- 1 year in a dispatching, logistics, and/or customer service role
- High level of comfort with technology (computers, software & smart phones)
- Driven to meet or exceed daily goals
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- High attention and commitment to detail
- The ability to make smart decisions with limited information
Team Member Benefits:
- Bonus opportunities
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan, dollar for dollar company match up to 4%, no vesting period.
- PTO package that includes paid holidays, flex days, and community service days
- Life insurance & long-term disability
- Employee discount on our plumbing and HVAC services
- A supportive yet challenging environment, with ample room to grow
Must be able to pass a pre-employment and annual drug and background screening
Voted a "Top Work Place" by The Detroit Free Press 2017 and 2018