Driver Tractor Trailer
Requisition #: 235856
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Safely operates a tractor trailer to perform assigned duties on designated routes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer's location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: At least 1 year of experience within the last 7 years operating a vehicle requiring a commercial driver's license (CDL) or military equivalent.
- Preferred: Heavy Equipment Operator experience. CDL with tanker endorsement. High school diploma or G.E.D.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Required: Commercial Drivers License A
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Acceptable driving record required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely; Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please "Apply Now."
By clicking any of the links or by directly going to the website, you can view the job details, apply, sign-up to receive career updates, and share with your connections. We look forward to hearing from you.
You also have the option to start the application over the phone by calling 877-220-5627. When asked for a media code, please use WH0. You can call us any day between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. CST.
If you apply on line, please use media code WH0.