EIS, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company (GPC) and a leading North American distributor of process materials, production supplies, specialty wire and cable and value added fabricated parts for the electrical OEM, motor repair and assembly markets.
Due to continued growth we are looking for an Estimator to join our team in Rochester Hills. This individual is responsible for creating cost quotes for items by creating Materials Masters, Bill of Materials and Routings. Responsibilities include assisting customers define item/part requirements, production process research, material identification and sourcing, cost analysis and tooling documentation.
- Create raw materials, finished goods and BOM/routings in SAP
- Creating step-by-step production routing processes for creation of product
- Review prints, drawings and specs to determine capability while working with engineering to modify or buy new equipment
- Price parts with discretion of calculations of material availability, manufacturing capability/feasibility, machine capability and geographical locations before quoting. Determine the sight of material, plant location to run product and machine to run product.
- Determine cost analysis and tooling type
- Make decision to Quote or No Quote - Complete quotes in SAP
- Communicate with Sales and customers to determine requirements
- Communicate costs and quotes to Sales and customers
- Create Material Masters, Bill of Materials and Routings for all new opportunities to determine cost
- Identify and ensure raw material pricing is up-to-date before quoting
- Coordinate with Engineering and/or Production to cost all Non-Core Opportunities
- Spreadsheet Quoting; projects may be quoted offline (outside the SAP System)
- Inside Sales Representative and Outside Sales Representative training
- AOE Projects
- Participates in regular training opportunities provided on a local or national level to build professional development and grow industry expertise
- Assisting and participating in continuing improvement activities
Qualifications to Meet Minimum Requirements:
- Requires an Associate’s or Technical Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Requires a minimum of one to three years Production experience
- Knowledge of estimating principles, manufacturing, blue print reading, mechanical aptitude, and abstract reading is preferred
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Excellent analytical and mechanical skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Innovative, proactive, and self-directed
- Ability to read and comprehend Production prints and drawings
- Able to work in a team environment and fulfilling objectives with minimum direct supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- SAP business software experience is a plus
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all requirements and responsibilities and as such, is subject to change without notice based on the needs of the business and/or department.