InfraSource, A Quanta Services Company
At InfraSource, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. With over 2,000 team members in 30 locations across the United States, we take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 60 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
The following list is an outline of the duties and responsibilities attached to this position. It is understood that this list is intended to be representative of the functions that may reasonably be expected of the position. It is not intended to be comprehensive.
- Practice a “safety comes first” attitude by following Joy, DOT, and OSHA regulations.
- Assist crew in manual work in various ways to maintain job progress.
- Thread pipe by using a threading machine or hand threader.
- Assemble and install a variety of metal and polyethylene pipe and pipe fittings as necessary to complete the installation.
- Join piping by means of threaded, fusion, coupling or other means as approved by the customer. Secure pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers.
- Inspect and test the piping system for leaks.
- If driving a Company vehicle, operate it in a safe and skilled manner in accordance with the Driver Handbook.
- DOT physical required.
- Pre- and post-trip inspections are performed daily.
- The vehicle is maintained and kept clean and organized.
- May perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Qualified in plastic pipe joining, pipefitter, and covered tasks associated with natural gas replacement work.
- 2 to 3 years of job-related experience required.
- CDL-A drivers preferred, but not required. Experience is a plus, experience in related trades is also helpful (Concrete, Electrical, Asphalt, Trucking…Etc.).
- Experienced Fusers a plus, must take the local 190 40 hour class if not previously qualified.
- All Fusers will need to be a member of or willing to join local 190 Pipe/Steamfitters upon hire.
- Non-CDL candidates who are able to get their T.I.P. have the opportunity to get their CDL-A through IFS.
- Experienced Laborers that want to move up into Fusing/Pipefitting a plus.