Are you still searching for a rewarding career?
Do you enjoy working with your hands?
Are you tired of feeling like you aren't getting anywhere in your current career?
The Meridian Company has built a strong reputation in our community for delivering quality craftsmanship, and unparalleled service for over 30 years. Our success lies in the team we employ. We believe that the foundation of our success lies in encouraging our employees to achieve both personal, and professional growth. We provide training programs to help all of our employees to remain the best talent that our industry has to offer, and we encourage charitable community outreach that many of our employees participate in.
When you join The Meridian Company, you become more than an employee - you become part of a team! Our employee retention, and employee longevity speaks solely to that fact. Loyalty isn't something that we just get from our customers, but it is something we have earned from our employees as well.
Why join The Meridian Company team?
- Uniforms Provided
- Paid holidays
- Paid birthday
- Advancement opportunities- we hire from within!
- Continuing education / training provided weekly
- Company Activities
- Unlimited Earning potential
- Paid Weekly
- Family Owned - Dedicated to great Company Culture!
The HVAC installation technician is responsible for accurately installing HVAC equipment in residential and/or light commercial structures. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of HVAC equipment, codes, and proper installation procedures.
- Replace any heating, air conditioning, or refrigeration equipment or complete systems.
- Install new duct systems in remodeled rooms or buildings.
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks.
- Join pipes or tubing to the equipment and to the fuel, water, or refrigerant source in order to form a complete circuit.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram, using an electrician’s hand tools.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats, and timers, using hand tools.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Inspect and test systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Knowledge of HVAC codes and proper application; knowledge of proper electrical and HVAC safety.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
- 5 years of HVAC field experience.
- EPA Certified
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a certified HVAC installation training program and apprenticeship.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical customers.