Under general direction, performs semi-skilled and skilled work in the operation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems; and does related work as required.
- Performs a wide variety of maintenance and repair tasks in the operation of heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilating systems in residential homes.
- Repairs and maintains thermostats, air filters, blower fans, belts, and bearings.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs various makes and models of HVAC equipment.
- Understand the operating principles of heating, air conditioning, and work safety practices related to HVAC work.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment used in the repair of heating and air conditioning equipment in residential and light commercial buildings.
- Perform daily work duties associated with the trade with little to no supervision in the field.
- 5 years of journey-level experience operating, maintaining, and repairing HVAC equipment.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
- EPA License.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check – No Felonies.
- Possess an analytical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow blueprints and understand technical instructions.
- Solid communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and locate conditions which require repair and maintenance work; keep records.
- Ability to explain technical information to clients at a level they understand.
- Able to work independently.
- Effectively use a computer, and knowledge of applicable software.
Additional Skills Desired:
- NATE Certification a plus.