Koil Metals in Detroit has an opening for a Logistics Coordinator.
Typical Duties include:
- Set trucking schedules, negotiate rates and assign carriers to loads as required.
- Work closely with inside sales and scheduling to ensure timely delivery of product to customers.
- Review purchase orders and shipment contents prior to releasing loads from our facility.
- Submit recommendations for development of and compliance with transportation policies, procedures and programs.
- Ensure quality of logistic services and processes within the facility.
- Respond to inquiries and refer clients to the appropriate channels.
- Associate's degree (A. A.); and/or two or more year’s related experience and/or training in logistics or scrap metal processing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the skills in providing good customer service
- Proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Able to pass background check and drug screening.