US Farathane is a leading Tier One automotive supplier to domestic and offshore OEMs. We offer a wide range of highly engineered plastic injection-molded components, making them available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and designs and supply both functional and decorative parts. US Farathane is searching for a Machine Operator.
- Operate molding press/equipment per Company procedures.
- Review “Operator Display Board” prior to running production for work instructions and Quality Alerts.
- Assure product meets established quality criteria of zero non-conformances.
- Correctly record scrap every hour per work instructions.
- Correct application of all internal and external labels when required, including removal of all old labels from returnable packaging.
- Correct application of lot control numbers.
- Daily review all applicable quality alerts.
- Immediately notify Supervisor of all discrepancies to established quality checks (ie, sample boards, inspection instructions, SPC, etc.).
- Communicate production and quality issues/concerns with associates during communication meetings.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Participate in team problem solving activities (ie, 8D’s, communication meetings, etc).
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety procedures.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ie, Quality Manual, Associate Handbook, etc).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These physical requirements include:
- Frequent standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent lifting or lowering objects up to 35lbs.
- Frequent reaching above/below shoulder and forward.
- Occasional bending, stooping, and crouching.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These conditions include:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee must not wear any loose-fitting clothing that may get in the way of the moving machinery.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Employee may be required to work outside for short periods of time.