DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage day-to-day activities, control of department budgets, goals and objectives and implement necessary countermeasures.
- Investigate and resolve problems relating to equipment operating conditions.
- Will evaluate staffs strengths and weaknesses and ensure appropriate training is planned to enhance skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MUST meet minimum qualifications to be considered)
- Journeyperson’s card as recognized by the Department of Labor or 8 year’s experience in a related field, with 2 years of supervisory experience preferred or current lateral position or higher.
- Complete Team Leader assessment, if applicable.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with the analysis of production equipment running condition and improvements to ensure capacity.
- Must have strong communication/negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of PLC, Robot & Servo controlled equipment required.
- Must be proficient in basic math and computer skills as well as root cause analysis.
- Must have previous experience interpreting blue prints and technical manuals and the ability to train and mentor new and existing associates.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and the flexibility to meet changing demands.
- Leadership skills include coaching, teaching and counseling, motivating associates and resolving conflict.
- Must have ability to negotiate with outside vendors to meet costs and schedules.
- Must be willing to travel if requested. Injection molding experience preferred.
- Provide leadership to team; communicate results and issues to adjacent shifts, accurately complete daily/monthly reports.
- Involvement in kaizen activities and problem solving.
- Work effectively with support departments and teams as well as meet department goals and objectives.
- Perform root cause analysis and use past practice, associate input and DMMI standards to identify problems.
- Evaluate, adjust, improve, forecast and help prepare countermeasures.
Apply online or send resumes to:
DENSO Manufacturing Michigan, Inc. is not sponsoring applications for employment visas in 2014.