Description: At PADNOS, you can provide a better future for yourself, your family and our community. Our employees are expected to work hard, be flexible, and work with a sense of urgency and customer focus. In return, we provide a consistent work schedule, safe work environment, a team of coworkers that work together, and outstanding benefits. Did you know that we provide 100% tuition reimbursement for employees and 75% reimbursement for their dependents, first time home buying assistance, comprehensive medical coverage, and employee focused programs that teach life skills, financial planning, and employee assistance?
Perform inspections and preventive maintenance on company semi tractors, trailers, heavy equipment and machinery including brakes, suspensions, electrical, lighting and mechanical.
• Repair 12/24/36 volt electrical systems, hydraulics, and other mechanical components to maintain production.
• Troubleshoot and mechanical diagnosis to identify repair needs.
• Perform equipment body and frame repair on machines including welding on rolling stock equipment.
• Prepare and maintain records and reports.
• Order and maintain part inventory.
• Ability to meet physical demands and perform the essential job functions within the work environment identified in this job description.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or GED
• Five + years related diesel mechanic experience
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Skilled in welding and torching
• Mathematical and mechanical aptitude
• Related experience and knowledge of the methods, materials tools and techniques used in vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance
• Strong communication skills, effective communicator
• Proven ability to work alone or in a team setting
• Attention to accuracy and detail
• Demonstrated safety consciousness
• Critical thinking skills
• Certification in all of the following preferred: Heavy truck repair, brakes, air systems, air conditioning, electrical, and hydraulics