Ferrous Processing and Trading Company - John Kronk has immediate positions open for Mobile Material Handlers. The primary function of these positions will be using the material handler (mobile or stationary) equipment to lift, move and place objects at different locations within the scrap yard using a magnet or grapple in a variety of outdoor conditions and elements. Specific responsibilities will include:
Essential Duties include:
- Operating a variety of equipment to include wheeled, crawler and pedestal material handlers by various manufacturers to move raw and scrap materials;
- Performing some maintenance of the material handler (fueling; greasing; cleaning; etc.);
- Safely operating a magnet and grapple while loading trucks and rail cars;
- Performing work outdoors with exposure to variety of weather conditions;
- Operating in a safe manner that expedites the loading and unloading of incoming and outgoing materials in accordance to the machine capacity and weather conditions.
- 1 to 3 months’ experience related experience operating material handler;
- High School diploma/GED required;
- Ability to climb ladders or steps;
- Ability to operate all hand and feet controls;
- Must be able to lift 20+ lbs. and move for short distances;
- Knowledge of scrap metals an asset.
Reports to: Yard Supervisor
Rate of Pay: In accordance with Teamsters Local 337 Collective Agreement