Delta Technologies is an industry leading tooling company who is searching for a Mold Designer with experience designing production plastic injection molds. The Mold Designer works with Management and the Senior design staff to create robust injection mold designs that consider customer standards along with manufacturing best practices. Our customers are automotive manufacturers and suppliers in one of the fastest growing automotive regions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review customer data for tooling feasibility issues and propose alternate design solutions for any concerns found.
- Determine / establish die-draw for customer supplied data.
- Create mold lay-out / block-out.
- Identify all areas that are under-cut and develop their respective tooling actions as required.
- Develop tooling run-off / parting-lines.
- Take 3D mold design to completion. (ie: water, ejection, etc.)
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job
- All other duties as assigned
- 5 years of related experience or training, previous experience designing high quality injection molds.
- Experience with NX is preferred
- Capable of creating complex surfaces and solid modeled components.
- Strong understanding of design for manufacturability.
- Ability to understand and incorporate customer standards / specifications into a mold design.
- Ability to work in a steady professional manner with little or no supervision required.
- Detail orientated.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate in engineering reviews.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is a plus.
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Job Promotional Opportunities