Delta Technologies is an industry leading tooling company who is searching for a Mold Maker for 2nd Shift with experience working with plastic molds. The Mold Maker works from designs to build and repair thermoplastic and thermoset injection molds to company standards. Our customers are automotive manufacturers and suppliers in one of the fastest growing automotive regions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot tool problems in concept and on the shop floor
- Performs conventional machining as follows: Lathe work – turning, drilling, threading; Tool Sharpening; Mill work; Surface grinding; Welding; Drilling; Tapping/Threading; Polishing
- Performs conventional machining, spotting, timing, completion of details and assembly of molds
- Perform revisions, repairs and upgrades to molds or dies
- Proficient operation of all machines and tools necessary to perform mold or die build and repair functions
- Review prints and programs and develop process to complete job
- Maintain quality of parts through inspection and communication with fellow teammates
- Work with the designers, programmers, and assemblers to produce/repair the necessary components
- Identify process and equipment problems, and suggest improvements
- Work with apprentices to upgrade their skill levels
- Ability to operate all in-house machine shop equipment to rework worn or damaged tooling and fabricate simple tooling
- Ability to determine best methods and procedures to determine causes of mold defects, as well as correct and prevent actions. Knowledge of typical mold functions
- Ability to work in a steady professional manner with little or no supervision required.
- Knowledge and understanding of plastic processing requirements for molds such as venting, heating, cooling and polishing.
- Mechanical knowledge and skills to safely, effectively and efficiently to disassemble, clean, troubleshoot and reassemble 50 to 75% of companies active molds.
- Ability to measure and calculate basic tooling stack ups to determine component preloads and clearances and verify print dimensions.
- Familiarity with hot runner function basic maintenance and troubleshooting techniques like probe tip cleaning removal and reworking basic electrical troubleshooting of probes heaters thermal couplers and manifolds.
- Demonstrate the ability to work methodically and meticulously during repairs and build of new molds.
- Minimum 3 years of experience required
- Knowledge and understanding of tool design, construction techniques, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Ability to read and interpret part and mold designs in CAD. Ability to read and understand procedures, work instructions, safety rules and warning signs
- Ability to use inspection tools such as micrometers, indicators, vernier calipers, optical comparator, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of safe operation of hoists, hand trucks, power trucks, and die trucks; licensed in power truck operation
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information with variety of staff
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Job Promotional Opportunities