A CNC Machine Shop is currently seeking an estimator / quoter for a direct hire opportunity located in west Michigan.
Accurately estimate the cost, process and lead time to manufacture small to medium sized machined parts and assemblies based on drawings and data models in support of the aerospace, medical device, office furniture and automotive industries.
HS or equivalent
Minimum 5 years of CNC machining and turning industry. Must have experience in quoting CNC machined parts of all types for a variety of industries for at least three years. Also must be able to interpret customer drawings and conceptual sketches, comprehend tolerances, and visualize the operations necessary for manufacturing.
$60-80k/year, depending on experience and skill level with benefits and bonus opportunities
The CNC machining and lathe facility is an established west Michigan based company, whose customers are in the aerospace, medical, automotive and furniture industries. Since its inception, many decades ago, the company has provided customers with high quality products in the industries it serves with focused attention on meeting the demanding schedules of its customers. The Company is ISO 9001:2008, AS9100:2009 (Rev. C) Quality Assurance Program certified, ITAR approved and FDA 820 compliant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Estimates the cost of manufacturing a product based on drawings and computer models
• Consider material, outside services and labor costs for each project
• Direct Communication with customers and colleagues
• Deadline driven individual
Strong working knowledge of the following:
• Must have the ability to understand blue prints and estimate labor, raw material, tooling, paint or outside operations, packaging and any other cost associated with the job machining the part or assembly
• CNC milling, turning and wire EDM of materials ranging from plastic to titanium
• Aerospace and medical device standards and processing requirements
• Plating, painting, heat treatment and other post processing operations and the associated vendor base
• Processing of assemblies of machined components
• Must have excellent analytical skills and professional communication capabilities
Proficient or familiar with:
• Microsoft Office Software Suite
• General handling and manipulation of CAD data
• JobBoss MRP System