Since 1955, Nicholson Construction Company has been setting the industry standard for performance and technical innovation in geotechnical construction. We have built our reputation by performing the highest quality work and providing the most innovative solutions on the widest range of demanding and high profile projects. Nicholson is part of a global network of unparalleled geotechnical resources and expertise, specializing in deep foundations, earth retention, ground treatment and ground improvement.
- Provides overall management direction (estimating support, planning, setup and execution) for auger cast pile projects.
- Ensures all Nicholson and OSHA safety regulation are met and enforced at all times.
- Responsible for bottom line auger cast pile profit goals as set by the Nicholson business plan.
- Align project managers on all aspects of a project in accordance with the Nicholson Project Management Manual.
- Oversee and approve Project Manager business planning, including but not limited to, budget, job cost report, re-budgets, cash flows, designs, submittals, material ordering, pre-job planning and scheduling.
- Implement and enforce all Nicholson Policies and Procedures.
- Provide strategic guidance to Project Managers for planning of jobs, submittal of claims and coordination of support from Risk Management.
- Provides consistent leadership for the most difficult situations including risky, large, and complex projects
Education & Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or 10 years of experience in auger cast pile installation
- OSHA 10-hour training course
- First Aid/CPR
- Minimum 10 years of geotechnical engineering and construction
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Master skill level with client interaction, risk analysis, written and oral presentation, design management, and sales.
- Ability to observe areas of improvement and communicate effectively utilizing appropriate communication methods.
- Develop plans and takes ownership of ideas to make Nicholson a better work environment.
- Has the knowledge and ability to train employees on subjects across multiple disciplines.
- Able to speak at events on behalf of Nicholson.
- Lift, carry, pull and push at least 40 pounds
- Travel per the company travel policy, often overnight and away from home
- Converse effectively using both verbal and written communication
- Make decisions and assume accountability
- Identify and resolve conflictConcentrate on tasks
- Assess safety and risk
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to manage stress and emotions as related to the workplace
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Safe Harbor Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Personal days
- Sick days
Please be advised that all interested candidates are REQUIRED to attach a copy of your resume in order to be considered.