With over 2,000 employees located in 30 locations across 20 states, InfraSource provides a comprehensive scope of construction and professional services to the natural gas and electric industry. Utilities and pipeline operators throughout North America choose InfraSource for its extensive knowledge, expansive resources, and unmatched scope of services. With legacy companies dating back to 1954, InfraSource has built its reputation as an industry leader for solutions and a premier provider of infrastructure services with a solid track record of performance, integrity, and - above all - a commitment to safety and quality.
Seeking candidates with experience in the pipeline and natural gas distribution industries to be a leader within our Quality Management group, with a specific focus on Operator Qualification (OQ). This management-level position will be responsible for leading a team of evaluators and OQ professionals to support our operations in the eastern United States.
This OQ Manager will help implement industry-leading practices to ensure the company’s workforce performs covered tasks with the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities. The OQ Manager will work with department and company leadership to deliver best-in-class OQ evaluation and quality management. The successful candidate can expect to foster employee development, identify and implement best practices, and otherwise help execute strategies that align with our core values and are cost-effective while exceeding client and regulatory requirements for operator qualification evaluation.
Candidates must be able to work independently, think critically, and lead effectively. In addition to management responsibilities, the successful candidate will be responsible to personally conduct OQ evaluation as needed to meet operational demand and client needs. Travel will be required for management duties and for evaluations.
Responsibilities Include but Not Limited to:
- Oversee OQ evaluation (and some training) activity for work with clients in the eastern United States (currently Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia). Responsible areas depend on client needs
- Direct supervision of employees
- Classroom and hands-on instruction
- As-needed OQ performance evaluation and exam proctoring
- Execute strategic plans and best-practices solutions
- Serving as an ambassador of the company’s core values
- Administrative oversight of team members, including time sheets, personnel performance, expense review and approval
- Fostering and developing employees’ talents and contributions to the organization
- All other duties as assigned
- 5+ years in the natural gas pipeline or natural gas distribution industry
- Previous or current OQ evaluator certification (EWN, MEA, ISN, ITS, Veriforce, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detailed understanding of the OQ Rule (49 CFR Part 192 Subpart N) and state-level implementation of operator qualifications
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, expense reporting system
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a field related to pipeline or natural gas distribution industries (or other training or OQ-related certification)
- Ability to lead effectively
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to manage team members located in multiple states
- Ability to conduct OQ performance evaluations
- Ability to travel, including overnight and multi-day periods; ability to travel on weekends as may be required
- Prior position(s) involving pipeline safety regulations
- Prior position(s) requiring detailed knowledge of OQ requirements, either from a role with an operator or with a contractor
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve complex training and employee issues/problems.
- Proven communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team setting, including in collaboration with senior management
- Focused attention on details, including the ability to spot issues and address accordingly
- Keen ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prior position requiring strong proficiency level in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive matters
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal direct supervision
- Previous experience successfully managing multiple people
- Most work will be done in an office or operating area location, but visits to field locations in varying environmental conditions are likely.
- Regular intrastate and interstate travel. Overnight and multi-day travel involved.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.