Dan Wood Company is part of a tradition that spans over 100 years and 4 generations. Dan Wood Jr. is the owner and the 3rd generation of the Wood family to carry on the family tradition since Dan's grandfather started in the industry in 1908. Dan is a licensed Master Plumber, and is a State of Michigan licensed contractor for Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, Electrical, and Boiler Service and installation. Dan has extensive knowledge of commercial and residential plumbing and heating. The company is noted and respected in South West Michigan for its prompt and professional service. Our tradesmen are continuously and professionally trained. We pride ourselves on having the best customer service!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Plumbing Service Technician
Southwest Michigan's premier residential service company seeks exceptional technicians to deliver the most efficient, highest quality customer experiences in residential plumbing repair and installation, including water softeners, well work, and drain cleaning. Opportunities for development in boilers, water conditioning, water well service, HVAC, and electrical.
As a plumbing technician, you will work as part of a dynamic and passionate team to demonstrate technical competency and ensure desired sales metrics. You will diagnose and repair plumbing issues and lead customers to informed and confident buying decisions.
The position will be based in our office, with opportunities to travel to the market you are working in.
• Complete plumbing - repair, renovation, and other related in-home service calls.
• Know how to establish customer rapport to sell the right products and services.
• Educate and assist customers in choosing the best finance options and maintenance plans.
• Understand your sales criteria and hold yourself accountable for exceeding revenue goals.
• Show yourself as professional and knowledgeable to win new referrals and repeat business.
• Work alongside customer service and dispatch to ensure overall success of the business.
• Maintain a clean, organized job site and well inventoried truck.
• Participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings and retreats.
• Train and mentor apprentices to ensure quick, accurate repairs and installations.
• Be accurate and timely with invoices, time cards, curbside feedback and option sheets.
• Licensed with knowledge of local plumbing codes and ability to make on-the-job applications.
• Proven track record in soldering, pipe threading, fixture installation, gas leak testing and repair.
• Clean, safe driving record.
• Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
• Strong verbal and written communications.
• High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
• Strong desires to be a better technician tomorrow than you are today.
• Outgoing personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
• Competitive individual contributor who also loves to win as a team.
• Highly motivated, self-starter who’s flexible and has a great attitude on life.
• Journeyman License is a plus - but not required.
• Heating, Pipe fitting and Boiler work a plus - but not required.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
Office staff - Insurance, vacation time, paid holidays, personal time off, 401k available, disability insurance available, overtime, and training.
Tradesmen - Top wages, insurance, vacation time off, paid holidays, paid uniforms, company phone, service vehicle, 401k available, disability available, overtime, and training
TO JOIN OUR TEAM - APPLY TODAY!