The incumbent assumes responsibility for the management, supervision, coordination, and completion of the preconstruction activities for new projects, resulting in a seamless transition to the construction phase. S/he supports estimating and sales activities, as needed, and serves as the lead point of contact for selected design-build or team-construct projects.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes bid documents, in conjunction with the sales manager, to qualify targeted opportunities.
- Receives new project documents and evaluates their contents to conceptually understand the project, including type of building, systems, key scope elements, and major factors for award.
- Attends walk throughs to become familiar with plans, sections, elevations, and site conditions.
- Effectively utilizes knowledge of estimating standards, workflow, materials, and applications.
- Runs reports and solicits input from internal resources to ensure estimates are accurate and complete.
- Isolates project risk by line item for evaluation, communication, tracking, and mitigation.
- Sources, contacts, solicits bids from, and distributes support documents to subcontractors and vendors.
- Develops conceptual engineering capabilities, including system selection, layout, and sizing.
- Prices scope and leverages local knowledge/precedent to develop competitive proposals for negotiation.
- Serves as a resource in all aspects of a given contract, and an expert on scope pertaining to Limbach.
- Partner with key internal/external stakeholders to complete design reviews, fulfill contract requirements, maintain project costs within estimate, and meet customer needs.
- Identifies and documents scope changes throughout the design process.
- Estimates interim designs to track and confirm pricing.
- Develops final estimates and transitions projects from preconstruction to construction.
- Trains and evaluates new employees, and assumes responsibility for executing all HR-related decisions (promotions, salary adjustments, corrective actions, etc.) for direct reports.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Corporate Code of Conduct in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the “Hearts & Minds” safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (We Care, We Strive for for Excellence, We Act with Integrity, We are Innovative, We are Competitive, and We are Accountable).
- Bachelor’s Degree [in a construction-related field] or equivalent.
- 8+ years of industry-specific experience.
- Extensive knowledge of construction standards, methods, regulations, codes, etc.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel in particular).
- Demonstrated ability to engage in effective collaboration and communication (both written and verbal).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- Previous management experience a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.