At FANUC America Corporation we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace where individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at FANUC America, we invite you to apply today!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Product Development Software Engineer
FANUC America Corporation provides the most complete range of industry-leading robotics, CNC and motion control systems, and ROBODRILL machining centers. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable. FANUC America is currently searching for a passionate Product Development Software Engineer looking for long-term career growth opportunities to support our existing and exciting new robot applications and functions. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Software development within an embedded real time operating system environment focused on high-performance and ease-of-use
- Creating intuitive User interfaces with Web technologies
- Developing intelligent software functions for robots for a variety of robotic applications
- Writing software functions to communicate with PLCs and external systems.
- Evaluating and applying technology to enable customer-desired functions from robots.
- Familiarity with the following additional qualifications are a plus for our long-term future developments:
- Developing Machine Vision algorithms, functions and applications
- Writing Cloud-based Analytics to send alerts and notifications to users.
- Augmented Reality applications.
- Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning.
- Specification, design, implementation, testing, documentation and customer support of software developments.
- Development and implementation of product tests and product test procedures.
- Communication with the global FANUC development teams and other engineering staffs on product and development related topics.
- Present a proposed product concept to selling division and select customers.
- Ability to develop simple project schedules.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer Engineering or Robotics Engineering preferred). Advanced degrees preferred.
- Strong ANSI-C language and C++ coding skills and experience with large project software development environment (configuration management, build/release)
- Experience with FANUC’s KAREL and TPP programming languages is preferred.
- Familiarity with vision systems, photo-eyes and other sensors
- Familiarity with Cloud applications and Analytics and familiarity with Hadoop systems, .NET, SQL and Java is a plus.
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence, AR/VR and leading edge technologies is a plus.
- Passion for software development and contributing to the fast-growing area of robotics.
We offer market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Benefit Dollars
- Generous Holiday & Vacation Program