At FANUC America Corporation we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace where individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at FANUC America, we invite you to apply today!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Production Planner
FANUC America Corporation provides the most complete range of industry-leading robotics, CNC and motion control systems, and ROBODRILL machining centers. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable. FANUC America is currently searching for a Production Planner to work in our world class headquarters located in Rochester Hills, Michigan. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the effective planning, management, and execution of FANUC America Corporation projects from the initial plan through final shipment to the customer by way of Production Planning methods to ensure the timely and quality execution of transactions and production schedules.
- Process assigned projects in a timely manner on, at, or below their budget. Maintain a controlled process.
- Initiate, maintain, and complete production orders for assigned projects producing a quality product consistent with current engineering BOM’s.
- Accurately plan and schedule necessary resources – labor, floor, and material – for effective production execution.
- Follow up and pursue the information and material necessary to ensure quality and adherence to the delivery schedule is maintained.
- Interface with the Purchasing and Materials departments regarding material movement and expediting as circumstances dictate.
- Interface with the Robot Planning group regarding robot movement, coordinating incoming and outgoing requirements.
- Maintain project scheduling and quality by having total project awareness, developing and executing project critical path sequence of events plan. Maintain open/teamwork communications regarding the product/project status.
- Review the project and resolve any discrepancies (including reconciling the production order).
- Provide feedback to the Manufacturing Manager regarding productivity, capabilities, processes and anticipated problems.
- Remain flexible and open to changes so project deliveries will be maintained.
- Assist in the resolution of questions and problems related to the completion of production orders.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Associates degree in Business or Material Management preferred, BS/BA preferred or equivalent Planning/Scheduling experience of 2-3 years with demonstrated success in a job shop environment.
- Experience with BaaN ERP preferred.
- APICS Certifications desirable.
- Proven statistical problem solving skills.
- Proven FAC materials and production business knowledge.
- Ability to operate independently maintaining a high degree of initiative.
We offer market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Benefit Dollars
- Generous Holiday & Vacation Program