Paving the Road to Success!
Quality Control Technician – Ludington, MI
Join Rieth-Riley and help our team Pave the Road to Success! Rieth-Riley is a team of motivated, highly qualified individuals who are committed to the success of each and every project. The employee-owners at Rieth-Riley proudly remain dedicated to moving forward. It's the way we think, the way we act — the way we approach every bridge, and all
Assist in testing materials and pavement to applicable codes and specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Obtain samples and perform tests, calculations and inspections of aggregate, asphalt mixtures, and/or concrete mixes, and in place materials.
- Prepare reports, QC charts, and graphs, and maintain accurate statistical records according to established procedures.
- Assists in the operation, maintenance, and control of test equipment to ensure accuracy and precision
- Assists in the operation, maintenance, and control of the work area, equipment, and supplies, in compliance with appropriate safety regulations and policies
- Obtaining a Bituminous Technician Certificate will be required
- High School Diploma and or GED required
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience preferred
- QA/QC Bit Level 1 Certification preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Must be able to work outdoors in all seasons
- Must be willing to work unexpected and longer hours as needed
- Must be able to lift samples up to 45 pounds, climb ladders, and platforms up to 40 feet in elevationEqual Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran