We are currently looking for a Quality Technician to join our team. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer to eligible employees medical, dental, short term disability and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) plan with company match to qualified employees.
H & H Tool, Inc. is an IATF 16949:2008 certified manufacturer of precision components for the automotive industry located in Lapeer, MI. We pride ourselves on the level of service, quality, and timing we provide to our customers.
We offer over 40 years of precision machining experience using Vertical and Horizontal machining centers and Hydromat; Rotary Transfer machines. We also provide extensive engineering knowledge and state of the art quality monitoring. We specialize in high volume production, we make and ship approx. 3.5 million parts a month.
Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains gage calibration system
• Repairs and maintains gages
• Inspects first pieces
• Performs bench sign offs for start of production
• Issues gages to the production floor
• Performs floor round inspections - 2 daily per machine
• Inspects incoming material
• Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
• Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, or characteristics.
• Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
• Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
• Performs containment duties and quarantine disposition
• Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
• Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
• Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience using calipers, micrometers and attribute gages.
• Experienced reading machining blueprints & GD&T
• CNC Machining experience preferred
Language Ability, Math Ability, Reasoning Ability, Computer Skills are all included in the qualifications.
Physical Demands: The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Shift Hours: We operate two shifts, 6 days a week. The employee must be available for a 5 day work week, which includes every other Saturday.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.