Atlas Oil is a premier national fuel supply and distribution company. We operate around the clock to meet the fuel and service needs of businesses, municipalities and government agencies in 26 states. We also supply fuel to nearly 300 gasoline and convenience stores in Michigan, Illinois, Ohio and Indiana.
Atlas has a unique, entrepreneurial culture. We work hard, love what we do, focus on customers and have fun in the process! Our phenomenal growth is attributable to our people and that’s why we are successful in recruiting top talent. As an Atlas team member, you’ll receive the support of the entire Atlas team and be encouraged to learn and grow with us.
Atlas Oil offers its employees a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision options. We also offer life insurance, 401k that includes a company match and paid time off. In addition to that, we offer tuition reimbursement to assist our team members in their professional development. We also offer a profit sharing program for all employees!
If you are driven to be the best you can be and are looking for an organization to match your high standards, look no further!
The primary function is driving a tankwagon to customer locations, loading and unloading bulk fuels, fleet fuel loading, and completing associated paperwork. Exposure to dust, fumes, and high noise levels. Required to drive occasionally in hazardous conditions, including weather, roadside stops, construction sites and quarries. Compliance with all DOT, Company and Safety Policies, procedures and practices. Possess CDL with Hazmat & Tanker endorsement.
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Company policies, procedures, and practices, including Safety Rules and Regulations
- Ensures truck is loaded with correct fuels for each drop location
- Delivers products in correct quantities as instructed by Logistics Coordinator
- Completes documentation consisting of Bills of Lading (BOL), Inventory, DVCR’s (Pre and Post Trips), Tankwagon Activity Report, Orders, and Fuel Ticket copies. Ensures fuel tickets match orders
- Performs general maintenance on truck during shift, including but not limited to: checking oil and fuel levels. Completes Pre-Trip procedure and ensures spill kit, fire extinguisher, and truck permit paperwork are on/in the truck
- Provides friendly, courteous, and professional service to customers including obtaining and providing information amounts of fuel delivered
- Keeps Logistics Coordinator/Logistics Team Leaders informed of any potential customer issues, complaints, spills, leaks, incidents, accidents or injuries
- Completes work as assigned by Logistics Coordinators. Completes route as assigned in an efficient and safe manner
- Informs Maintenance of any vehicle problem/s
- Ensures truck and cab are cleaned daily
- Informs Logistics Coordinator and Logistics Team Leader immediately of any DOT fines, citations, or other relevant issues
- Supplemental Job Functions to Include:
- Attends monthly Tankwagon Driver Meetings
- Identifies potential sales leads via route/customer communications
- Records locations of tanks through communication with customers and/or visual contact
- Other related duties as required
Required Skill and Experience:
Possess a CDL B license, with proper endorsements and medical card
- Minimum of one (1) year experience driving large truck
- Physically capable of using equipment to load and unload transport tankwagons, including pulling hoses and climbing onto equipment, up to 12 feet above ground
- Physically capable to participate in Heavy lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, carrying hoses/nuzzles weighing up to 50 lbs
- Experienced driving in snow, ice, and other hazardous weather conditions and roadside stops, construction sites and quarries.
- Acceptable driving record with no major convictions within the last three (3) years. No more than three (3) minor convictions in the last three (3) years and no more than six (6) points on driving record
- Provide at least three (3) current job references
- Able to withstand exposure to dust, fumes, and high noise levels
- Able to communicate effectively in order to take instructions from Logistics Coordinator/s, Logistics Team Leaders, co-workers, and customers.
- Must be competent at math to verify quantities and volumes.
- Must be able to read and understand road signs, instructions, routes and other paperwork
- Demonstrate patience during load/wait times/traffic
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen test
- Experience as a tankwagon driver is preferred
- Ability to operate transport trucks is preferred
- Class A and B License is preferred
Required Education & Certification:
- Primarily outside work, driving large fuel vehicle
- Able to drive for long periods of time
- Physically challenging position with climbing on/off truck and fueling
- Frequent stress related work due to transportation delivery logistics and responding to customer issues/concerns
- May be required to work alternative shift, long hours, or on weekends and work additional assigned loads in compliance with DOT regulations
- High School Diploma or Equivalent