BrandSafway Group, Inc. has been used by over 50,000 customers – ranging from Fortune 500 companies to local subcontractors. With one of the largest in-house engineering departments in the industry, specialized scaffold options can be designed to meet any challenge. BrandSafway is a recognized leader, providing scaffolding and access solutions along with specialty services for projects of any size and scope across North America. At any given moment, through our network of approximately 110 branch locations in the U.S. and Canada, BrandSafway is involved in thousands of exciting projects, from industrial and infrastructure applications to commercial construction.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Regional EHS Manager based out of our Sarnia branch office. This position will report to the VP of EHS and operationally to Director and General Manager – Ontario Region and the Director and General Manager for Commercial, establishes and promotes the maintenance of safe, incident free and healthy work environments through the implementation of EHS procedures and other initiatives. This position requires an in-depth understanding of EHS procedures and legal requirements in the jurisdictions covered. An excellent knowledge of general loss control principles as applied in an industrial construction environment is needed.
- Work in conjunction with Area/Division management and EHS team to develop and implement policies and procedures to be followed by employees in accordance with local, provincial and federal regulations and company rules, policies and procedures.
- Develop and ensure implementation of strategies to deliver EHS training and information. Ensures the dissemination of training developed by the company. Ensures training confirms to company and customer expectation.
- Develop and ensure implementation of routine project inspection. Periodically inspect facilities and job sites to detect existing or potential environmental, health or safety hazards.
- Recommends corrective or preventative measure where necessary. Participate as an auditor in the company's Gold Link EHS and Management Safety Review processes, including SOS and EIS.
- Ensures all incidents are appropriately reported, investigated and documented. May lead the investigation of accidents and injuries to determine root causes and appropriate corrective actions. Analyzes incident trends.
- May represent company at mediation, trials, regulatory, and customer meetings and proceedings.
- Develop and ensure implementation of effective strategies to ensure effective injured worker management. Works with the company's WCB Claims Manager to assist with reduction of employee lost time, fraudulent claims and assist in minimizing the cost of claims.
- Establish and ensure implementation and maintenance of effective document control. Maintain EHS files, SOS, EIS reports and records.
- CRSP or OHS certificate preferred
- NCSO certification
- Must have 5+ years of verifiable industrial construction EHS/Safety experience or a safety degree with field experience
- Must have working knowledge of PPE, monitoring equipment, confined space
- Must have strong background in large turnarounds/shutdown projects with multiple crafts
- Strong presentation skills
- Must have above average MS Office knowledge
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Travel at least 50% of time at job site
BrandSafway Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunity to all individuals. We are also committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities to ensure they have the right tools and support to do their job. We are pleased to offer a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits, which could include a Group RRSP plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, disability, and paid time off. We support career advancement through professional training and development.