Troy Design & Manufacturing is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company. Our Company not only provides a competitive wage and benefit package but also provides an opportunity to work across a wide spectrum of challenging projects. We encourage you to learn about our company’s history, culture, product leadership and vision.
We are currently seeking a Robot Operations Engineer.
Under the general direction of the NC Programming Supervisor, the Robot Operations Engineer creates and maintains a database representation of the assembly process, resources, and CAD data used for the Virtual Assembly of an automobile or component. The RO Engineer creates simulations illustrating feasibility of the assembly process, and communicates status and issues to the Supervisor. After the process is proven out the RO Engineer finalizes the simulation and downloads the OLP for delivery to the robot.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic model creation and verification of results
- Coordinate CAD Data Versions
- Process verification
- Geometry acquisition
- Feasibility issue communication
- Learns, understands, and implements manufacturing standards into any simulation created
- Perform on a one on one basis with Project Leader daily
- Customer interface based on the number of assembly stations and complexity of the work assigned.
- Basic modeling techniques and concepts are learned and implemented
- Documents the process with assistance from leader and or Supervisor
- Supports the Lessons Learned process and helps to work solutions into the process
- Supports the implementation of department compliance with all Quality Initiatives including such things as
ISO14000 and QS9000 certifications, First Time Quality program, 5S program, documented Process
- Mentors and assists fellow Engineers
- Performs other duties as required or requested
- ABB Experience with S4 and IRC5 controls
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work independently and with others.
- Ability to lead meetings with little or no support.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the Automotive field
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with stamping and welding assembly processes
- Capable of interpreting engineering standards and applications
- Knowledge of CATIA V5 software.
- Knowledge of automotive assembly production process.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program