Job Title: Safety Administrator – Central Area, Michigan
Position will report to the Manager - Training, OQ, DOT & Safety Administration
- Maintain various safety-related databases such as ISNetworld, Avetta, and CCS.
- Create professional, grammatically-correct documents for use throughout the organization.
- Proofread documents and reports for relevance of content and accuracy.
- Develop presentations.
- Complete client-required job safety pre-qualification documents.
- Work in conjunction with Operations and Safety leadership groups to provide data and reports.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of workplace programs, procedures and policies.
- Provide access to information, as needed, to supervisors and other personnel.
- Conduct safety training, such as Fire Extinguisher Use, PPE, and Ladder Safety.
- Must maintain professional interaction, appearances and communication within all levels of organization.
- Minimal travel required.
Preferred Professional Experience:
- 1-5 years of Safety experience.
- Construction, oil & gas industry experience preferred.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as Adobe Acrobat programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety rules and regulations at all levels including federal, state and local, and ability to access and navigate regulatory databases.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance with occupational and environmental health and safety requirements.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and initiatives simultaneously.
- Possess the qualities of self-motivation and results-orientation.
Minimum Associate’s Degree in Health and Safety or related course of study. Strong writing, organizational, prioritization, detail orientation and communication skills.