At FANUC America Corporation we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace where individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at FANUC America, we invite you to apply today!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Senior Application Engineer
FANUC America Corporation provides the most complete range of industry-leading robotics, CNC and motion control systems, and ROBODRILL machining centers. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable. We are currently seeking a Senior Application Engineer in our ROBODRILL Segment at the North American Headquarters in Rochester Hills, Michigan. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide product and application support for the ROBODRILL CNC Machine Tool product line.
- Support Sales & Execution groups by providing technical support & process leadership.
- Develop, design, implement and support special machining process application demos.
- Process, set-up & run ROBODRILL CNC machines to demonstrate & prove out customer applications.
- Support proposal process and develop time estimates to successfully apply our products.
- Develop CNC programs using G&M codes as well as Mastercam CAM system.
- Support service and parts organizations by providing after sales solutions to customers.
- Provide product technical assistance when troubleshooting and repairing ROBODRILL machines and peripheral devices.
- Develop Application guidelines for existing and new products.
- Review documentation & publish instructions for operating ROBODRILL products.
- Develop Sales tools including ordering guidelines and presentation materials.
- Develop specifications for new products.
- Develop trade show displays and support trade shows.
- Create order and spare part numbers and BOMs for ROBODRILL products.
- Identify product concerns and limitations and manage the resolution of all critical issues
- Provide timely updates including any incidental service issues that may arise during implementation and or testing of ROBODRILL products.
- Provide prompt, professional and courteous solutions of problems found during testing or implementation of ROBODRILL product. Be able to troubleshoot problems and secure parts as needed.
- Provide technical support to various groups including Hotline, PSG, and other segments. Provide training for Service, Application or any FANUC Engineers.
- Perform market analysis, feasibility studies or other related analysis intended to identify opportunities for new products or required modifications to existing products.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor degree in engineering field or related degree, or equivalent technical experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with CNC Machines.
- Strong CNC machining & programming background.
- Strong programming experience with Manual G & M codes as well as CAM systems.
- Deep understanding of precision machining processes and applications.
- Excellent tooling knowledge and applications thereof.
- Strong background in fixture design & applications.
- Have a good understanding of FANUC CNC systems and operations
- Have a good understanding of the machine tool industry standards and practices.
- Working knowledge of robots is a plus.
- CNC CAM programming is preferred.
- CAD Experience is preferred.
- Direct work experience with a CNC Machine Tool Builder is a plus.
We offer market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement program
- Life Insurance
- Disability Income
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Benefit Dollars
- Generous holiday and vacation program
An Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA Employer/Minorities/ Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor