At FANUC America Corporation we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace where individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at FANUC America, we invite you to apply today!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Senior Engineer- Software Applications
FANUC America Corporation provides the most complete range of industry-leading robotics, CNC and motion control systems, and ROBODRILL machining centers. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable. FAC is currently searching for a Senior Engineer – Software Applications to join our General Industry and Automotive Segment. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Act as the FANUC America’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the HandlingTool software package and related options, applying technical understanding of this package and available options to support the needs of FANUC robot customers.
- Identify opportunities for new software products, define new software products to fit market opportunities and manage the introduction of these products, providing product and application support once introduced.
- Perform market analysis or other related analysis intended to identify opportunities for new software features or required modifications to existing products to grow FANUC America’s robot business.
- Develop specifications for new software products and features
- Develop and execute test plans to evaluate new software features when developed.
- Develop marketing tools for the promotion of new and existing Software options and features.
- Evaluate the feasibility of new applications and software features, provide customer demonstrations and support proposal development and related activities required to successfully apply FANUC robots with end users, OEM’s (ex. Amazon, Flextronics, Apple, GM, Chrysler, etc.).
- Identify product concerns and limitations and manage the resolution of all critical issues with customer, remote office, FANUC Japan and FANUC America product development.
- Execute small development efforts or support our internal development groups in the execution of larger development efforts supporting development of new software features.
- Concept, develop, execute, and support world class demonstration cells for trade shows and for permanent display.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum eight years’ experience and demonstrated success in a Software Product and Applications Engineering or related position.
- Must have experience in programming FANUC robots.
- Must have demonstrated experience programming with KAREL, C++, C#.
- Experience with VB, .NET, Python, and Ruby desirable
- Advanced Project management skills (i.e., planning and administrative skills)
- Knowledge and willingness to act as FANUC sales contact on projects.
We offer market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement program
- Life Insurance
- Disability Income
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Benefit Dollars
- Generous holiday and vacation program
An Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA Employer/Minorities/ Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor