At FANUC America Corporation we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace where individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at FANUC America, we invite you to apply today!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Senior Technical Specialist - Call Center
FANUC America Corporation provides the most complete range of industry-leading robotics, CNC and motion control systems, and ROBODRILL machining centers. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable. We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist in our Technical Support Call Center at the North American Headquarters in Rochester Hills, Michigan. Primary responsibilities include:
- To provide FANUC America customers and field service engineers with telephone based project & product coordination, debug, and repair of FANUC mechanical units, electrical control devices, controller, transfer devices and related system peripheral equipment.
- Understanding, communicating and supporting the Technical Support group as a lead to ensure customer expectations and responsiveness are being met.
- Maintain Technical Support group measures for customer responsiveness and customer satisfaction by managing personal answer rate, after call work, and auxiliary time.
- Documenting FANUC robot and related peripheral equipment performance and reporting failure modes and results for the purpose of troubleshooting, repairing, and restarting the system to prevent future occurrences.
- Willingness to be process owner or department expert of new technical support strategies and training.
- Execute high level quote requests from customers that have challenging technical repairs or rebuild of FANUC products.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor degree in business or engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum fifteen years Robotics Integration/Installation/Service Experience.
- Mechanical/Electrical Troubleshooting, Teardown, and Repair Experience.
- Experience leading complex technical problems & resolutions across multiple groups.
- Extensive experience with FANUC robots, controllers and peripheral equipment
- Extensive experience with FANUC application software and programming
- Extensive experience with common robot applications (spot welding, arc welding, material handling, and/or paint)
- Extensive experience using FANUC ProPC products (ROBOGUIDE, WINOLPC, OLPCPRO)
- Expert in reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical and related technical documentation
- Role requires a high-level knowledge and experience in specific disciplines such as software, aux axis, application problem solving, etc. and will be the technical expert and department leader for customer situations.
We offer market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Benefit Dollars
- Generous Holiday & Vacation Program