“To expand and grow the 1st Choice Integrated Building Systems Firm in the United States of America.”
This position in a hybrid role of project management and service estimating. The incumbent develops project estimates and assumes responsibility for the successful execution of won projects, in accordance with contractual obligations, internal policies, and the Required Project Standards (RPS) of the Company.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Surveys and reviews site conditions to develop accurate, detailed, and reasonable project estimates.
- Completes layouts and takeoffs for equipment, piping, and subcontractor responsibilities.
- Researches and solicits equipment and subcontractor pricing and quotes.
- Assembles thorough HVAC and plumbing estimates and reviews scopes with salespeople.
- Sets-up and completes cost breakdowns for new projects.
- Purchases equipment/materials and writes/negotiates subcontracts for assigned projects.
- Oversees jobsite manpower and coordinates field personnel/operations.
- Meets with customers/owners to coordinate work, provide updates on progress, address concerns, and discuss any additional work that may need to be done.
- Partners with accounting to complete monthly invoices and billing for projects.
- Drafts, completes, and delivers close-out documents to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Corporate Code of Conduct in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the “Hearts & Minds” safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (We Care, We Strive for for Excellence, We Act with Integrity, We are Innovative, We are Competitive, and We are Accountable).
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment, and routinely utilizes standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, and drawing printers.
- Work duties may regularly necessitate walk throughs of local job sites, during which the incumbent may utilize basic tools, and be intermittently exposed to the conditions and/or hazards typically associated with a construction site.
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, walk, hear, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- S/he may frequently be required to climb, stoop, crouch, crawl, reach, and/or perform repetitive motion while on jobsites.
- This is considered a light work position, which means possible exertion of up to twenty (20) pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to ten (10) pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This position may require up to 20% travel.
- 1+ years of industry-specific experience.
- General knowledge of federal, state, and local construction laws.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in effective collaboration, communication, and negotiation.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Efficacy in managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous people and project management experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in a construction-related field) or equivalent.
- Ability to design, layout and sketch piping systems and equipment arrangements.
- Documented completion of OSHA’s 30-hour Construction Training Course.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a part of our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we also take affirmative action to recruit, hire, and advance qualified females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.