US Farathane is seeking an experienced Shipping & Receiving Clerk. This position assures the shipment of parts is in an orderly fashion so the shipments arrive on time and in good condition according to customer demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- All cartons containing parts are to be stored/shipped in good condition.
- Parts are to be prepared for shipment per the shipping schedule using FIFO and according to the individual customer packaging instructions. If parts are not available for shipment at the designated time, it must be brought to the immediate attention of the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Transfer parts from warehouse to shipment staging. Ensure parts are scanned, wrapped and have master labels. Check dock codes as required per customer.
- All shipments are to be completed on a timely basis to ensure availability of commercial transport.
- Process shipments through the system to ensure timely advance shipping notification and record keeping.
- Once an ASN has been started, you must monitor the process until completion to ensure that no errors have occurred during the transmission.
- Scan labels for shipment.
- Review shippers. Verify through computer with pick list.
- Follow and enforce safety standards for the operation of the fork lift trucks.
- Load/unload trucks, driving hi lo’s in a safe manner by maintaining safe driving speeds, having an acute awareness of all surroundings, stopping at all cross aisles.
- Anytime the larger returnables are stacked for transport from the production floor to the warehouse they are to be transported immediately and not left stacked unattended for any period of time.
- Verify quantities on incoming shipments. Acknowledge receipts with signature and date received. Complete packing list if none is included with shipment. Complete log-In sheet.
- Ensure dock lock procedure is followed.
- Ensure that the procedure is being followed for the Key Surrender Board and tires are chocked.
- Ensure CTPAT procedure is followed.
- Drive company vehicle required for pickups and deliveries.
- Maintain lot number identification for customers requiring same.
- Label parts and shipments as directed by the shipping schedule.
- Repack, re label and re wrap as necessary
- Retrieve finished inventory that is put on hold. Re wrap and put away when released from hold. Arrange in orderly manner for Quality to sort.
- Replace racking, decking, nuts, and bolts as necessary.
- Keep counts on skids and returnables.
- Keep all areas of warehouse and docks clean, organized, and clear of debris and resin.
- Do monthly inventories as needed and verify numbers.
- Assist in training for new Shipping/Receiving Clerk and/or back up Shipping/Receiving Clerk.
- When using anything sharp, must wear cut gloves on both hands.
- Perform other duties as required for the safe, efficient operation of the Plant and its employees.
- Advise Supervisor or Manager whenever a short ship occurs prior to allowing truck to leave.
- Match returnable containers to documents on incoming trucks. Ensure accuracy and report discrepancies.
- Participate in 5-S and CI.
- Supervisory Responsibilities- In the event that this position becomes vacant, the Warehouse Manager will resume responsibilities.
- Environmental Responsibilities- Cooperation with action team directives. Familiar with evacuation plans. Trained in clean up modules. Keep all areas of warehouse and docks clean, organized, and clear of debris and resin.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be able to perform multiple tasks.
- Good mathematical ability.
- Forklift driving skills.
- Computer skills.
- FIFO comprehension.
- Hi-lo license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These physical requirements include:
- Frequent standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent lifting or lowering objects up to 35lbs.
- Frequent reaching above/below shoulder and forward.
- Occasional bending, stooping, and crouching.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These conditions include:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee must not wear any loose-fitting clothing that may get in the way of the moving machinery.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Employee may be required to work outside for short periods of time.
US Farathane offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- 401k with company match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Job Promotional Opportunities and much more!