Special-Lite manufactures engineered architectural products, which includes commercial entrance systems, interior aluminum (Type II) framing with swing or sliding aluminum framed doors, and FRP restroom partitions. Our interior and exterior complete entrance system products are fiberglass or aluminum flush doors with many door face texture options including wood grain, aluminum monumental (stile & rail) doors, fiberglass and aluminum framing. Our engineered, made to order architectural products are used in new construction and renovation projects for educational, commercial, institutional, industrial and municipal applications. The company was founded in 1971 and pioneered the use of fiberglass reinforced polyester (FRP) material for door skins in the early 1980's, and today is the largest volume producer of commercial FRP doors in the United States.
Position Summary: The Software Engineer, will develop and maintain a custom software extension that consists of various products represented in 2D and/or 3D format, with costing, business logic, and error prevention. Development will be performed in CET Designer, which is a proprietary, object-oriented program that is designed by a company called Configura.
Essential Functions: A qualified individual with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Develop and maintain custom extensions, which consists of various products represented in 2D and/or 3D, with costing, business logic, and error prevention.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement in both code and process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Must have experience in C++, C#, Java or any other object-oriented language.
- Must be passionate about programming.
- Excellent grasp of object oriented concepts and experience in using them to build applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently on diverse problems.
- Must have the ability to gather requirements, consider and explore multiple approaches and suggest effective solutions.
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate office equipment, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
- Required to occasionally stand and walk.
- Occasionally required to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20-pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Safety glasses are required on the production floor at all times.
- Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
- Occasionally subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current and exposure to heat and chemicals.
- Occasionally subject to conditions including one or more of the following that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, or poor ventilation.
- Occasionally exposed to cold, hot, wet and/or humid shop conditions.
- Retirement and Savings Plan and Trust – 401(k)
- Performance Incentive Plan
- Christmas Bonus
- Safety Equipment Provided
- Paid Vacation
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty Leave
- Benefits Continuation (COBRA)
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Health Insurance – Medical/Prescription/Dental Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance Coverage
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Medical and Dependent Care
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program, providing voluntary, professional counseling and referral services to employees and dependents
To approve a single suggestion, mouse over it and click "✔"
Click the bubble to approve all of its suggestions.
to use Ginger