The System QA Tester will be doing systems testing, validation and debugging of web and/or database software solutions. The incumbent will needs skills in automation, database testing, and writing SQl queries.
- Perform software validation to ensure it meets design and customer requirements.
- Perform regression testing on various software products.
- Write detailed test cases during the validation process.
- Write and maintain regression test plans.
- Interface with programmers, applications engineers and customers to improve software quality.
- Research, select, and implement various third party components to improve software quality assurance process.
- Support management to deliver software projects on time, within budget, and with a customer intimate rating of 8 or above.
- Support multiple Customer Platforms.
- Within the position’s scope, contribute to completion of departmental objectives (technical, financial, quality).
- Maintain awareness of, and meet, the requirements of the Company Quality System.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations, and act safely and be responsible for the safety of others around work area.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 4 – 10 years of related experience in software quality assurance validation and/or testing.
- Experience working with databases. Oracle preferred.
- Experience with writing SQL queries
- Experience with Automotive diagnostics or ODX is a plus
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership and accountability of assignments.
- Software development competency.
- Independent problem solving ability.
- Ability to perform basic job duties with minimum supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to focus on multiple projects.