Perform mechanical services on equipment both new and rentals, provides on-site shoring expertise for customers, and performs special projects as assigned by management
Essential Position Duties
- Diagnoses and repairs equipment in the shop or at customer sites including welding, torching, and other metal repairs and all service/setups/diagnostics that apply to pumps.
- May require travel and after hours work including nights and weekends.
- Helps organize and maintain shoring and pump fleet, keeping units in their designated areas at all times with great attention to detail.
- Responsible for organizing, repairing, and working with all accessory items on Underground yard, including but not limited to: cutting spreaders, grouping/banding spreaders, cutting steel plates, and maintaining all pins.
- Orchestrates the loading and off-loading of trucks in the rental yard- both company owned and customers.
- Initiates and/or completes all associated paper work for the service and/or repair, including writing the service report and recording time technician(s) spent repairing and/or servicing equipment, parts charged and returned, serial number, type of equipment, etc.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding the customers’ needs and time constraints and attempting to complete scheduled repairs and service safely and within those constraints while providing superior quality to meet and/or exceed the customer’s needs.
- Maintains company issued vehicles, equipment, tools, work areas, etc. by keeping them in good working order, clean, professional in appearance, and up to date with suggested maintenance.
- Internal shop repair orders are to be completed on each piece of equipment as work is performed
- Storage of equipment/vehicles in appropriate manner when not in use to prevent property damage.
- Support the Shoring & Pump store by helping promote the business and aid the operation in every way as instructed by management.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or the equivalent with a technical background or additional training preferred, as provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair.
- 5 years of equipment service/support experience specifically with Shoring and/or Pumps.
- 3-5 years of mechanical experience with heavy equipment preferably with a rental company or Caterpillar and/or in a position with a working knowledge of hydraulics, powertrain, electronic/electrical systems etc
- Good decision-making and creative thinking skills.
- Good problem solving, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills with the ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and guidelines and basic understanding of warranty administration.
- Moderate computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office. Moderate experience using data base systems.
- Good customer service skills, basic prospecting skills and the ability to meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- Good listening and verbal communication skills.
- A working knowledge of safety rules, laws and regulations concerning engine service, hydraulics, electrical, technical functions of various components and tooling procedures and capabilities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with little supervision and achieve required goals and objectives.
- The ability to work over-time and weekends.
- The ability to uphold professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance and friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
- May be required to obtain a Class A Driver’s License and/or CDL.