Description: At PADNOS, you can provide a better future for yourself, your family and our community. Our employees are expected to work hard, be flexible, and work with a sense of urgency and customer focus. In return, we provide a consistent work schedule, safe work environment, a team of coworkers that work together, and outstanding benefits. Did you know that we provide 100% tuition reimbursement for employees and 75% reimbursement for their dependents, first time home buying assistance, comprehensive medical coverage, and employee focused programs that teach life skills, financial planning, and employee assistance?
Welding of assigned projects. Prepare, weld, and finish according to drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction.
• Follow engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to assist with layout, assembly, and welding operations.
• Operate welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
• Examine work pieces for defects, and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Troubleshoot and provide necessary repairs. Perform repairs using cutting torches.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Operate hi-lo or overhead crane to move large steel objects when necessary.
• Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials, and notify supervisors.
• Ability to meet physical demands and perform the essential job functions within the work environment identified in this job description.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma required
• 1+ years mig and tig welding experience
• Technical training in welding preferred
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Ability to read blue prints
• Ability to operate a hi-lo and obtain Padnos license
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Proven safety consciousness
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong mathematical skills
• Metallurgy knowledge preferred